* All entries must be in by September 30th 2011, by the stroke of midnight
* Only use pictures you photographed yourself
* If you edit the picture then it'd be nice if you tell us what you did
* Please don’t change pictures once you have entered them
Voting:
* Starts on October 1st 2011 and closes at the end of October 3rd 2011
* Anyone can vote. You don't have to have entered
* Vote for your 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourites
* 1st choice is worth 3 points, 2nd choice is worth 2 points and 3rd choice is worth 1 point
* The entry with the most points wins, and chooses the next theme.
Thumbnails: If you're posting / hosting on Flickr, please tag your photos: u75PhotoCompAugust2011. Any tagged flickr photos be available here: August2011 Photo Competition 2011
Apols to anyone not hosting on flickr... :

And apologies if this has already been a subject before... (trying to search the boards at work is a no go.. especially when stuck with IE6 of all things... :(

I think doing both is going to lead to confusion and put pressure on people to do both, so we will never be free of the flickr thumbs.

As for voting with likes, the problem is that you cannot give a point score one to three like the old system. What do people think about fractionman's idea?

I don't see why not - 1 like = 3 pts, 2 likes = 6 pts etc, can't get any easier than that :cool:

Ahh, i see the problem of 2nd place 2 pts third place 1 pt :facepalm:

Arse!

Post image up on here, & vote as normal then i suppose?

I think clicking 'likes' will be a lot easier, maybe get a few more viewing and taking part (voting.)

Add up the likes and if a draw go to a decider/head to head?

I don't think likes will work. If someone posts at the end of the month, they're going to get fewer likes than someone posting at the beginning of the month. No way is anyone going to heed a request to not 'like' stuff till the competition's over.

I think doing both is going to lead to confusion and put pressure on people to do both, so we will never be free of the flickr thumbs.

As for voting with likes, the problem is that you cannot give a point score one to three like the old system. What do people think about fractionman's idea?

You could do three posts per image I suppose, one with 1st, one with 2nd, one with 3rd and the voter just likes the appropriate one... Not great aesthetically though, and sam's point still stands (unless a mod can block likes on a thread), also vulnerable to random traffic that might just like an image in new posts or similar.

I realise I haven't actually entered this comp in years btw, but I have an opinion and it must be aired.

e2a: You could do 4 posts and discount any likes of the actual picture of course, no-ones going to randomly like a post that just says 'first'. cluttered pages though.

I don't see why not - 1 like = 3 pts, 2 likes = 6 pts etc, can't get any easier than that :cool:

Ahh, i see the problem of 2nd place 2 pts third place 1 pt :facepalm:

Arse!

Post image up on here, & vote as normal then i suppose?
Yes I agree with that last sentence. :)

I don't think likes will work. If someone posts at the end of the month, they're going to get fewer likes than someone posting at the beginning of the month. No way is anyone going to heed a request to not 'like' stuff till the competition's over.

Good point.

Lets keep to old system.

136983051.jpg

"Dream House"

If anyone has doubts about posting directly to the thread, just take a look at the September Photo thread. These monthly threads have been having direct posting of images for a long time. There have been no complaints even in the days of Vbulletin.

If anyone has doubts about posting directly to the thread, just take a look at the September Photo thread. These monthly threads have been having direct posting of images for a long time. There have been no complaints even in the days of Vbulletin.

I will change my post to include the photo. A few moments later - Maybe not as the edit function has expired :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom