Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Red Phone Box Parade - like the Elephant Parade!

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Anyone seen the news about the old phone boxes popping across London?

I can see this turning into a competition to see which urbanite can photograph the most :D

A series of old-fashioned telephone boxes are to be placed around London over the summer.

The boxes - nearly 100 in total - will not have phones in them or be red in colour.

Instead, they will be decorated by artists and designers and then sold off to raise money to support 25 years of the charity Childline.

Metro Pictures

article-1339698112576-139BE554000005DC-928366_466x589.jpg

article-1339698276844-139BCF8F000005DC-860361_466x564.jpg

:cool:

I'm trying to find a map of locations, but not having much luck finding it on the BT Artbox website :hmm:

Anyone else know the locations?

Some of the locations

Venues including Green Park, Duke of York Square, Carnaby Street, High Street Kensington, Big Ben, Borough Market and one of London Aquarium's shark tanks

BUT, they're only on display until 16th July. Now whose stupid idea was that? Don't they realise that the old phone boxes are probably the most photographed phone boxes in the world, and very soon, there's going to be a massive influx of tourists, and what are they doing, taking them away before the Olympics :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

They had a sort of sneak preview in time for the Jubilee weekend. This one by Tower Bridge was replaced with a different box at the end of last week, though I've yet to get a decent picture.

BT Artbox by cybertect, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom