Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

[Mon 12th Sep 2011] Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class, with Owen Jones (London, WC1B 3QE)

NOt sure i'll have time to go to this but heard OJ speak and met him at a meeting in Hackney recently. I reckon his book is worth a read.

Just reading his book now-hes a bit unlucky the whole "Chav" storm has died down a year or two before the release of his book-but hes spot on with his political insight.

I met him at the John Mcdonnell LP leadership electtion launch(failed) he is a really nice guy..

...and incredibly well-connected, given the amount of publicity he's had. Not read his book (might see if I can get it in the library if I can be bothered) but not convinced yet another Labour hack who appears to have never had a proper job in his life has much to add to the debate.

...and incredibly well-connected, given the amount of publicity he's had. Not read his book (might see if I can get it in the library if I can be bothered) but not convinced yet another Labour hack who appears to have never had a proper job in his life has much to add to the debate.
but you've not actually read the book:rolleyes:

He is very well connected but not with any of the things happening in working class communities in Stockport

4 mentions, hardly 'quoted throughout'
You have'nt read the book either have you?:D
I have read the book, she might be mentioned in the index 4 times but she is used to set the tone for the wider argument of chapter after chapter. How you can read the book and miss this i do not know. Call me a liar again.

I mean, he explicitly argues that she has the best grasp on what class means today of all the wankers he thieves quotes from. Have you read the thing dog?

Her works include the international bestseller Notting Hell (Penguin 2006), a novel about couples living in the Notting Hill area of London, Shire Hell (a follow up to Notting Hell), and The Mummy Diaries (Penguin 2004), a diary of her London-Exmoor year.

o god

so should i bother with the book or not? ive been wanting to read it for ages

o god

so should i bother with the book or not? ive been wanting to read it for ages
It's journalistic stuff that is basically all the good posts on here and argues that the w/c need more mines and shit jobs. Maybe dog will have read it by the time he repLies.

Back
Top Bottom