Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Men's Kickball

belboid

Exasperated, not angry.
About 20 of us at Sheffield station bar. Seems about 50/50 between footie fans and people just wanting to do something Olympic. Jolly good humoured, divided between sitting in a mancs pub for three hours or seeing Suarez rip the UAE to pieces

I was going to create a Men's Olympic Football thread seeing as there was none yet, but this one could do I guess.

Spain and Japan playing now. Unsurprisingly the Olympics Spanish team is playing just like the senior team, and so far have got about 70% possession.

I should imagine El Sueno will be watching the Olympics football with bated breath, in the hope of finally witnessing a competition in which the hated Spain does not win ;)

Sam Platt's pub us pleasantly full. Lots of Team GB shirts, umpteen England ones, couple of Scots. One chesterfield and one tranmere. Bloody plastic glasses tho

Why the hell are they even having games in Cardiff and Glasgow? London won the right to host these games, not those places.

Too much Boris (though his dig at Mitt Romney did make me smile) not enough football at the moment.

Oh and Garth Crooks, I don't like him, except when he is frothing at the mouth about Balotelli and then he's amusing. Otherwise he's a bit of a smug fucker *

* I would just like to point out this is my completely irrational and founded on nothing opinion of the man. He may in fact be lovely (the smug fucker)

Uruguayans around me very disappointed by their performance. The UAE number 15 looked pretty impressive. Suarez did at least make sure the Arabs had sone decent support.

Bored waiting for match 2 now

GOALLLL.....I can't get up to much enthusiasm for this. When's Garth Crooks coming back on, at least I'll have something to swear at then!

I know I'm biased, but it looks to me like Caulker has been one of the best players on the pitch so far.

Anyone watching Senegal - Uruguay? First half has just finished, Senegal a man down (Suarez being taken out whilst clean through) but two up, thanks to two goals from Konate and some laughable defending from Uruguay - but its been a great game so far.

Senegal win 2-0, their first ever win at an Olympic football tournament and despite being down to 10 men for nearly 60 minutes. They get a massive ovation from the crowd at the end, who had been hilariously booing Suarez throughout the match.

Suarez got no end of shit in the game on thursday too - the UAE can never have had so much overseas support.

An enjoyable match, I'm amazed there were 21 players still on at the end

Went to watch South Korea vs Gabon at Wembley today, along with almost 77,000 other people.

It finished 0-0.

:D

I went to Gabon v S.Korea last night. Just shy of 80,000 crowd at Wembley. That's a great stadium btw. Great atmosphere, lots of support for both teams. Boring as hell game of football. 0-0 with only two or three shots on goal in the whole thing.

EDIT: And I didn't read the last post before I posted this one :D

I remember when I saw the actual draw, thinking that we'd done really well, getting two games for the price of one, and tht anyone booking a ticket for the final group game at Wembley - which is bound to be a cracker, innit? - was gonna be well peeved.

One of the great fouls of the past decade in Senegal - Mexico (currently 2-2) as Soare (sp?) delivers a studs-up airborne challenge to the head of one of the Mexican players (edit: who was stood up at the time), and only gets booked.

Clattenburg is the referee.

I went to Gabon v S.Korea last night. Just shy of 80,000 crowd at Wembley. That's a great stadium btw. Great atmosphere, lots of support for both teams. Boring as hell game of football. 0-0 with only two or three shots on goal in the whole thing.

EDIT: And I didn't read the last post before I posted this one :D

You obviously havent been to many stadia, Wembley is fucking pants!

Savage suggesting Giggs should be in the starting 11 for his experience - would be a cruel man to point out Giggs has little experience of international tournament football ;)

Back
Top Bottom