Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton violence and looting (7th Aug 2011)

dozi

Just picked my son up after the Morrissy gig, and there's naughty boys kicking orf on Railton Road, lots of old bill there, good luck Brixtonians.

Really? I'm a stone's throw from there, and it's dead quiet. Sure you didn't mistake a group of noisy teenagers for a rampaging horde? There are a lot of police around clearing the massive crowds after Brixton Splash. Doesn't mean something's kicking off.

Got my window wide open, silence. When you say Railton Road do you mean the Herne Hill end as opposed to Brixton?

Yep. Posted link to him earlier but he might be over excited. Think he's saying now that just skirmishes.

Hopefully too late to get the momentum needed for a riot here.

Right by the weatherman shop, lots of herberts incognito coming up from the high street, there has been reports of planned looting to take place, but who knows, apparently Walthamstow is getting a kicking at the moment. Certainly looked a bit scary in Brixton, but hopefully the rumours will come to nothing.

Photo from our very own hendo
scaled.php

The only source seems to be a Telegraph journalist who wants to write a report to sound like he was in a warzone. Couple of pics on twitter of william hills and kfc windows broke but not much more than you'd expect on a busy weekend night. It seems like people on twitter are desperate for something to bee happening here despite all the reports from people living here saying there is nothing going on.

That's not to say there isn't something going on, in fact i can here the helicopter now, but nobody seems to know anything and i wouldn't trust a telegraph journalist as far as i could throw him.

Just spoken on phone to someone in the Albert who have been told to stay in the pub (Police sanctioned lock-in?). Helicopter overhead, but otherwise can hear not a squeak.

Helicopter gone. Two people have just walked by talking quietly. It's so quiet I could hear their conversation (food related) According to the guy I spoke to in the Albert the police say it's on one edge of the Estate I live on :confused: It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Helicopter gone. Two people have just walked by talking quietly. It's so quiet I could hear their conversation (food related) According to the guy I spoke to in the Albert the police say it's on one edge of the Estate I live on :confused: It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Quiet before the storm or after? Hoping for the latter.

Back
Top Bottom