Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Knives out! The reshuffle thread

At this stage I'm assuming that the rumours over the weekend that Ian Drunken Smith and Eric fat-cunt Pickles might be moved or sidelined were probably wishful thinking...

article-2647789-186E66AF00000578-643_306x537.jpg
it-could-be-you.png

At this stage I'm assuming that the rumours over the weekend that Ian Drunken Smith and Eric fat-cunt Pickles might be moved or sidelined were probably wishful thinking...
If IDS is ever going to go it would be in a post election reshuffle. I don't really get why Cameron would move him now.

Presumably they'd have to roll Pickles away?

...I don't really get why Cameron would move him now.

i disagree - he's not exactly been a stellar performer, his stuff is late, over budget, under performing, and his media/political skills are so bad that he doesn't even appeal to the 'send 'em to the workhouse' brigade within the electorate.

getting rid allows the government to blame him for failings/bad policy, with the new face not enough time to make too many enemies before the election. he's no threat to Cameron, no one is going to be upset that he's gone, and he makes room for someone deemed more politically attractive and more competant. if that person happens to be a) a woman, b) quite pretty, and c) not Oxford, then all the better for Dave...

i disagree - he's not exactly been a stellar performer, his stuff is late, over budget, under performing, and his media/political skills are so bad that he doesn't even appeal to the 'send 'em to the workhouse' brigade within the electorate.

getting rid allows the government to blame him for failings/bad policy, with the new face not enough time to make too many enemies before the election. he's no threat to Cameron, no one is going to be upset that he's gone, and he makes room for someone deemed more politically attractive and more competant. if that person happens to be a) a woman, b) quite pretty, and c) not Oxford, then all the better for Dave...
Yeah but they love IDS. he's their fucking hero, rebuking scroungers and telling cripples to get off their arses. They love all that. If they didn't have the balls to chuck him out before, it won't happen now.

no, they don't love IDS - they love the rhetoric, but they also require it to be put in place. IDS, despite 4 years preparation and a very permissive political environment, has not only not achieved what was set out to achieve, but he's seen as a bungler. every programme he touches turns to shit - and at gret cost and embarrassment.

the fundamental thing about tories that distinguish them from other political groupings is that above all things they demand competance. once you're no longer seen as a winner, then regardless of political purity you're dead meat.

no, they don't love IDS - they love the rhetoric, but they also require it to be put in place. IDS, despite 4 years preparation and a very permissive political environment, has not only not achieved what was set out to achieve, but he's seen as a bungler. every programme he touches turns to shit - and at gret cost and embarrassment.

the fundamental thing about tories that distinguish them from other political groupings is that above all things they demand competance. once you're no longer seen as a winner, then regardless of political purity you're dead meat.
Well i don't know how long reshuffles take, but so far so bad.

it's not competence its ability to deliver votes and keep the party in power. Thatch wasn't knifed because she fucked up, but because her fuck up affected their electability

They won't get rid of IDS because it was a nightmare one stupid tory cunt getting to grips with benefits, imagine how much of a nightmare it'll be for the second stupid tory cunt. And they'd never give it to a liberal democrat.

I think IDS would make trouble for Cameron from the right of the party if pushed aside - keep your enemies close...

Surely not . . .

Back
Top Bottom