In photos: Brentwood, Essex

editor

hiraethified
I have to say I wasn't too impressed.

photos-brentwood-essex-39.jpg

photos-brentwood-essex-26.jpg

photos-brentwood-essex-18.jpg

photos-brentwood-essex-12.jpg

Photos of Brentwood, Essex: closed shops, hand written bus notices and a fine pub

...did likesfish write that bus message... :hmm:

...they should pedestrianise it properly though.....I can't see anyone wanting to actually use petrol getting there...

But if you think Brentwood is sad you should go to Harwich. Although Harwich has a lot of character. It is another depressed Tory Essex town. Wouldn't be surprised if UKIP weren't doing well there.

I used to live there :thumbs:

Best thing about it was The Castle pub. Every town had one; biker/goth/skinhead boozer, smoking soapbar in the back yard, acid £3 a pop, fights in the pool room, jukebox with Hawkwind on repeat, jumpers for goalposts etc.

Leigh on sea, prob my fav place in Essex

If I'm going to be pedantic I could point out that Leigh is technically in Southend district, which is a unitary authority and hence independent of Essex. But I won't because I'd look like a tosser.

Oh, and all of Essex is Tory in terms of MPs, apart from the picturesque corner of Clacton,... which is UKIP.

I think there have been some changes since the start of April on who operates various bus services around the county.

Back
Top Bottom