Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I need to make my rat something to wear.

ice-is-forming

let me rephrase that... Fuck off
Right, i can sewish, i dont like to but i can.. i can superglueish and staple too.

I have a small (7 weeks maybe) bald rat. she has a nice cage, well most of the day she lives under my dreads at the back of my neck, or hangs off a hoop earring. or goes down the bra. I take her to work with me. boss don't mind & told me who did, so its down the bra if i see them ;) therapy rat innit..

Anyway,I want to make a little thing to wear to keep her warm.its winter here soon. she always feels warm. but nah, she needs clothes for those early starts etc.. so..me being a total dick at this sort of thing :oops::Di'm thinking. a tiny baby sock with holes for her head & arms to pop out? would that work?

buy-pet-rats-hairless-rat.jpg

Well, that's the cutest thing I've read all day :)

From what I know about hairless rats (which isn't a massive amount, they don't exist in NZ), and rats in general, making them clothes would be a pain in the arse and they'd probably just end up eating them. TBF your bra and under your dreads sound nice and snuggly and will let her self-regulate her temperature, maybe a littly fleecy pocket you could keep with you for her to curl up in if it got really bitter?

Well, that's the cutest thing I've read all day :)

From what I know about hairless rats (which isn't a massive amount, they don't exist in NZ), and rats in general, making them clothes would be a pain in the arse and they'd probably just end up eating them. TBF your bra and under your dreads sound nice and snuggly and will let her self-regulate her temperature, maybe a littly fleecy pocket you could keep with you for her to curl up in if it got really bitter?

yes i've tried a few pockety type things but she's very nosy, gets out to go exploring, cos pockets seem to be at table top height. been thinking about one of those little hippy bags and she could live in, but i' probably sit on her or something .like when im being important in meetings , dont want a rat sitting on my head...umm i dunno just keep it warm with a sock?:)

yes i've tried a few pockety type things but she's very nosy, gets out to go exploring, cos pockets seem to be at table top height. been thinking about one of those little hippy bags and she could live in, but i' probably sit on her or something .like when im being important in meetings , dont want a rat sitting on my head...umm i dunno just keep it warm with a sock?:)
Start with a tight but soft sock - no looped fabrics (like you get on sport socks) or loose knits - she'd catch her claws.

Come to think of it, just buy a load of cheap plain baby socks and get hacking - it'll be quicker and you won't feel so bad if the first few attempts aren't quite right.

Just wanted to say, we get some unusual thread titles here on Urban, this is definitely out there and different :)

Sorry nothing to comment on what you rat should be wearing, I would leave it au naturelle!

Try making some kind of body sock like tufty says. Our cat Wally had a jumpsuit after surgery, didn't bother him at all. Although that's a cat not a rat :) :oops:

I'd tend to keep ratty as is, just with warmth and shelter always nearby :)

image.jpg

What bald ratties really like is another furry ratty friend to keep them warm.

yeah, her brother lives in their cage with but i reckon just get a pk of baby socks a la @greeboand & start hacking.its just for 7am on winters morning, and not getting in until after dark.

this that num 23 posted is the type of thing. but smaller,and not so red.

image-jpg.52531

A naked rat in the bra probably feels better than a rat in muslin or homespun.
Does that relate to how the rat feels or how the bra-wearer feels? Because I think scratchy little rat feet could be a bit uncomfortable.

I also think the rat should be provided with a little bag, or with pockets, in which it could keep a pet mouse, then the mouse would need a pocket too .... a Russian doll set of cute rodents.

Back
Top Bottom