Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Heritage of Ska Festival in Brockwell Park - July

del.jpg

Tony Blackburn's going to be there!

Tom Straughan, Tony Blackburn, Della Sutton, Tano Grazioso, Ruth Jenner,Dean Smith, Marcello De Martis, Neol Davies, Taja Murray, Dave Wakeling, Winston Francis,Horace Panter, Rico Rodriguez, Leyla Mahoney, Terry 父 Crisp, Dawn Marie, Alan Rudeboy Halford, Dec Spain, Dave Wakeling, Pauline Black, Tom Fahy, Edward Lancheister, Kelly Anne Cooper, Rico Rodriguez, Lisa Dalligan, Neville Staple, John Sims, Pete Chambers, Jennie Matthias,David Price, Lynval Golding, Kevin Crowther, Rico Rodriguez, Jennie Matthias, ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ John Coles, Mark Spagnol, Rhythmm Epkins, Lorraine SkaMama Foster, Trevor Evans, Sara Canham,Olas ScooterClub, Mark Rhino Smith, Nick Welsh, Ken FishKiller Ewin, -Christine Sugary Coffey-,Paul Pettitt, Natasha Caleia-Ramos, Mark Wenbourne, Dave NuttyBoy Adams and Rhoda Dakar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0436575720677.353118.566155676&type=1&theater

Rico's so good he's going three times!

btw he features on this new CD of horns laden digital dub, highly recommended:

http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/ital-hor...y-mystery-destiny-roots-temple-cd-18628-p.asp

ital-horns-meets-bush-chemists-ft.-rico-history-mystery-destiny-roots-temple-cd-18628-p.jpg

bizarrely enough, i think it is the wedding photographer john coles, who in a previous life seems to have been the semi-official 2-tone photographer. :D

Tom Straughan, Tony Blackburn, Della Sutton, Tano Grazioso, Ruth Jenner,Dean Smith, Marcello De Martis, Neol Davies, Taja Murray, Dave Wakeling, Winston Francis,Horace Panter, Rico Rodriguez, Leyla Mahoney, Terry 父 Crisp, Dawn Marie, Alan Rudeboy Halford, Dec Spain, Dave Wakeling, Pauline Black, Tom Fahy, Edward Lancheister, Kelly Anne Cooper, Rico Rodriguez, Lisa Dalligan, Neville Staple, John Sims, Pete Chambers, Jennie Matthias,David Price, Lynval Golding, Kevin Crowther, Rico Rodriguez, Jennie Matthias, ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ John Coles, Mark Spagnol, Rhythmm Epkins, Lorraine SkaMama Foster, Trevor Evans, Sara Canham,Olas ScooterClub, Mark Rhino Smith, Nick Welsh, Ken FishKiller Ewin, -Christine Sugary Coffey-,Paul Pettitt, Natasha Caleia-Ramos, Mark Wenbourne, Dave NuttyBoy Adams and Rhoda Dakar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0436575720677.353118.566155676&type=1&theater
View attachment 15802

Tony Blackburn's going to be there!

what I am slightly alarmed about is that I am not that into ska but hanging round with nanker means that I know many of those names you've posted:eek:

the things you pick up that you never intended to (no std jokes needed)​

Tom Straughan, Tony Blackburn, Della Sutton, Tano Grazioso, Ruth Jenner,Dean Smith, Marcello De Martis, Neol Davies, Taja Murray, Dave Wakeling, Winston Francis,Horace Panter, Rico Rodriguez, Leyla Mahoney, Terry 父 Crisp, Dawn Marie, Alan Rudeboy Halford, Dec Spain, Dave Wakeling, Pauline Black, Tom Fahy, Edward Lancheister, Kelly Anne Cooper, Rico Rodriguez, Lisa Dalligan, Neville Staple, John Sims, Pete Chambers, Jennie Matthias,David Price, Lynval Golding, Kevin Crowther, Rico Rodriguez, Jennie Matthias, ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ John Coles, Mark Spagnol, Rhythmm Epkins, Lorraine SkaMama Foster, Trevor Evans, Sara Canham,Olas ScooterClub, Mark Rhino Smith, Nick Welsh, Ken FishKiller Ewin, -Christine Sugary Coffey-,Paul Pettitt, Natasha Caleia-Ramos, Mark Wenbourne, Dave NuttyBoy Adams and Rhoda Dakar.​

what I am slightly alarmed about is that I am not that into ska but hanging round with nanker means that I know many of those names you've posted:eek:

the things you pick up that you never intended to (no std jokes needed)​

Dems my people!

bizarrely enough, i think it is the wedding photographer john coles, who in a previous life seems to have been the semi-official 2-tone photographer. :D

He's still quite connected to the music scene and the 2 tone central museum etc. He was in the right place at the right time.

Tomorrow night Brixton's very own Time Tunnel DJs Team up with the Heritage of Ska Festival for one of many pre festival events to the promote the weekend in July.

Join us if you get a chance

479806_10150885443923438_532653437_12767443_1220943194_n.jpg

Cheers Onket.

I think there's a lot to do yet for the festival. Also have a sneaky feeling Lambeth are not making things as easy as they might have originally suggested. But that's just specualation on my part, you should understand!

If you go to the website and download their powerpoint thingy, it says in there that it'll be 'reasonably priced' or words to that effect.

I heard about this a couple of months ago.
Sounds fun.

However my question is, if the policing, toilet hire, fencing hire etc have been requisitioned for the Olympics and are therefore not available for Glasto or The Lambeth Country Show which have been cancelled as a result (allegedly) , how has the Ska Festival managed to acquire the necessary infratructure? :confused::hmm:

What happened? The usual Lambeth bullshit?

That said, this always seemed a bit ambitious.

Lambeth bullshit, over ambition, general lack of financial backing.....among other things.

Something like this takes a whole lot of planning, large amounts of cash and a team of people with the skills to pull it all together.

Good luck to them for next year. I hope they get it together.

Yep, me too. Would like to go to this next year if it aint too dear.

Lambeth Country Show better be back next year as well, though. Grrr.

Back
Top Bottom