Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Good luck striking teachers!

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪
It's illegal to strike teachers isn't it? Firstbus in bristol are warning of delays because of the strikers march - sounds like a fair sized turnout.

Southampton's not a hotbed of activism but we got a few hundred last time. Council have "unfortunately pre-booked" the Guildhall Square so we're shoved into a corner of the park...

As suggested pretty good numbers on the bristol march thing:

BWxQvdbIAAEnT_C.jpg

I think today's going to be a big one. When I collected names for the union of strikers, there was a really good turn out and different from before was that a lot of young teachers fairly new to the profession were going out. The last couple of years it's really been the old guard but now the younger ones are starting to see how fucked around they're getting. I'll be on the march in spirit as unfortunately I'm not physically able to join this year.

Heard a few parents grumbling this morning:mad:

I support any workers taking any action to improve their situation.
Sadly there are far too many people in this country ready to vilify teachers and any other striking workers from their blue tinted world, who always seem to get the majority of air time and column inches every time some action is taking place.
Radio 5 Live seems like a candle to moths this morning.

As I was saying to Balbi this morning, this week I'm doing about 55 hours worth of work. I'm knackered, stressed, and this is an unusually busy time for me at my school out here in sunny Auckland. I can't imagine coping with that as a regular workload, no idea how he manages. So yeah, absolute support from down here, give 'em hell. We really don't deserve the treatment we get from the empty suits :mad: :(

My wifes old school a lot of them wanted to strike but they were told if they did they wouldn't be able to attend an event this evening they have been preparing a load of the kids for for months - and neither would the kids therefore.

So they've gone to work but are going to picket before, after and at lunch.

Those feckless teachers, going home at 3pm and only thinking about themselves eh.

My school has 1 teacher out (I am a teaching assistant)...the acting head has intimidated and blackmailed staff ... the school was shut last time.
My daughters school (around the corner) is shut...the deputy tried to make me bring her into work and got well arsey when I refused. She reminded me of my responsibility to the children!!!!
Glad its going so well elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom