Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Election 2015 - chat, predictions, results and post election discussion

brogdale

Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism
Thought this might be a good idea, if only to save the Polling thread from getting clogged up with other guff...howsomedever...they're off!

There he goes...you'd think in this day and age, (when they don't even have to go to see her), that they'd avoid having this image spread across the media. But hey, there he goes...leaving No.10. :D

cb77c463-7379-46ef-8b0f-1237a65f2b51-1020x612_zpssu46idgm.jpeg

Enjoy, and try to play nicely.:)

heh was tempted to start the thread myself.

I'm hoping for ever more ludicrous shenannigans like the edl march that never was. Boots found stuffed with postal votes would also be funny.

Take away all the obvious problems with our electoral system and the failings of all the mainstream parties, I bloody love election time.

I know it's really sad but I find it all very exciting and have made my husband book 8 May off so we can stay up all night. [emoji33] [emoji1]

Jeremy Vine and the CGI landscapes :cool:

I never make it past 3am on count day :(

I used to like elections when I was an active member of one of the parties in the days when you could tell them apart. I "attended the count" many times. After weeks of trudging the streets it was a high point but you knew that that the whole thing would be repeated the following year for the local elections. I wasted 18 years of my life trying to get rid of Thatcher. When Blair came to the throne I gave up in despair.

I have booked the day after off and as usual will be up all night :D it will be fascinating and probably the start of a lot of coalition negotiations if it goes as expected. Plus you will likely get the Tory leadership unofficial campaign as the big guns try and get more tv time to show what a great leader they could be. Tories will be gunning for Farage in Thanet, they reckon if they decapitate him there, UKIP will fold, which is probably true, none of the other 'leading' kippers have his ease with the media and public.

That's the problem for me as well. I can't get too invested when they are so similar.

I think we have entered a new phase though, they are refusing to say what they will actually do. Though as we reached the point 10 years ago where manifesto commitments were non binding, its not like you could believe what they were saying if they did. How is this democracy?

I think we have entered a new phase though, thy are refusing to say what they will actually do. Though as we reached the point 10 years ago where manifesto commitments were non binding, its not like you could believe what they were saying if they did. How is this democracy?
no one is going to make any definite pledges (apart from the parties who have no chance of winning) after #pledgegate fucked up the LibDems last time

no one is going to make any definite pledges (apart from the parties who have no chance of winning) after #pledgegate fucked up the LibDems last time

Which makes it a decision based on who manages to convince the most people that their slurs on their opponents are the most credible.

I'm already bored of all the nonsense, but always stay up on the night. Not booked a day off yet so will have to do that rather than go into work the day after like I did after the Scottish referendum.

Martin Freeman (& David Tennant) present the first LP PPB.

Good broadcast for a shit party.

Here's a good bit of panic from Mad Paddy Ashdown:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobil...e-coming-south-to-burn-westminster.1427713383

"the SNP are coming south to burn Westminster and make it dysfunctional."

All this stuff is making me want to cheer the SNP on.

Except I know they aren't going to Sack Rome. All they're going to do is put a few useless Labour Tattiebogles out of work.

Virtually every Spanish government since the dictatorship has been propped up by minority nationalist votes. Spain still exists, shockingly.

Just helped the bloke from the Labour Party (who I knew from Cruisewatch years back as it turns out) put up two signs in my folks' garden. The season has begun. As I've said, I'll be voting Labour here, reformist scum that I am.

Just helped the bloke from the Labour Party (who I knew from Cruisewatch years back as it turns out) put up two signs in my folks' garden. The season has begun. As I've said, I'll be voting Labour here, reformist scum that I am.
May I offer you a crocodile clip for your hooter sir

we used to call him paddy pantsdown. Halcyon days.
Had a photo taken with him once when he was out campaigning possibly in 2001. I was with a mate waiting to go gig rowing when Paddy, the local MP and a Lib Dem entourage turned up. Inside front cover of the local paper.

Did anyone else waste 90 mins of their life watching C4's 'drama' "Coalition" the other night? Have to confess that I did, but missed huge chunks of it attempting to restrain my mirth every time 'Beaker' came on...

6574e809-6040-40a0-9198-8667bd07bbf7_zpscdmpx17p.png

Back
Top Bottom