Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

fonzie the undiscovered gay icon

mrspoon

a very random individual
think about it rationally... tight blue jeans, tight white t-shirt, black leather jacket, hankie sticking out of back pocket (probably), hangs out with teenage boys, if they have a problem - he invites them into his office (which very conveniently happens to be a boys toilet), then when problem solved he comes out of the bog with his arm around them and signals to everyone else that life's ok by waving his thumb in the air and saying "heyyyyy" like joey from friends or something. dodgy as fuck.

I was thinking about the fonz just the other day

he really wasn't cool at all, I was never convinced of his coolness even as a kid, I mean who cast henry winkler (sp?) as the fonz?

short, not at all good looking, squeaky voice

and the character was a stupid, sexist fool

why

:confused:

mrspoon said:
think about it rationally... tight blue jeans, tight white t-shirt, black leather jacket, hankie sticking out of back pocket (probably), hangs out with teenage boys, if they have a problem - he invites them into his office (which very conveniently happens to be a boys toilet), then when problem solved he comes out of the bog with his arm around them and signals to everyone else that life's ok by waving his thumb in the air and saying "heyyyyy" like joey from friends or something. dodgy as fuck.

Oh my god! never thought about it before but it does me sense. :eek:

Louloubelle said:

he really wasn't cool at all, I was never convinced of his coolness even as a kid, I mean who cast henry winkler (sp?) as the fonz?

why

He was cool because everyone on the show thought he was cool. It's the rule of cool! If people believe it then it's true. Exhibit A. Kate Moss.

If Richie had of thought The Fonz was a complete bell-end then The Fonz' cool-factor would have dissipated.

Louloubelle said:

why

And about 30 years older than the rest of them...

Oh. I thought it was always obvious. :D
And he really wasn't at all cool, I never got that.
And am I alone in thinking Happy Days was crap? I was only a nipper when it was on telly but I used to despise it, from theme tune onwards. No idea why exactly, I was too young to remember my obviosuly well thought-out opinions anymore. <shrug>

kyser_soze said:
I think this thread has jumped the shark already...
That's a new expression on me- what does it mean?
Did I step over the line?
*secretly hopes so*

perplexis said:
And am I alone in thinking Happy Days was crap? I was only a nipper when it was on telly but I used to despise it, from theme tune onwards.

It was boring. Fonzie was a middle age man and Richie was a geek and the rest of them were dull.

Louloubelle said:
he really wasn't cool at all:

I agree. Anyone that hung around with total fucking squares like Richie Cunningham and his two preppy loser mates Ralph and Potsie. losers, all of them.

jump the shark - the point at which a tv programme becomes irretreivably shit.

useage example: "friends really jumped the shark when.....rachel got with ross."

"the simpsons jumped the shark when homer went from lovaebale idot to just plain idiot"

refers to the moment in happy days when the fonz decided to waterski over a bunch of sharks.

more info: http://www.jumptheshark.com/

Spot the cool one:

6.jpg

I'll give you a clue. Its NOT the one in the black leather jacket or the two jocks in the background.

perplexis said:
And am I alone in thinking Happy Days was crap?

I was only a nipper when it was on telly but I used to despise it,

Nope! :)

Yup, same here. Could never see why other kids were so into it? :confused:

pogofish said:
Could never see why other kids were so into it? :confused:

Maybe no-one really liked it at all but due to peer group pressure they said they did like it and so here we are many years later finding out that most people thought it was a pile of shit...

The Fonz was not gay or a paedo. He was a Drug Dealer.

"think about it rationally... tight blue jeans, tight white t-shirt, black leather jacket, hangs out with teenage boys, if they have a problem - he invites them into his office (which very conveniently happens to be a boys toilet), then when problem solved he comes out of the bog with his arm around them and signals to everyone else that life's ok by waving his thumb in the air and saying "heyyyyy" like joey from friends or something. dodgy as fuck"

I'd forgotten that Mork and Mindy was a spin-off from Happy Days! Blimey.

I have the Happy Days theme tune on me MP3 player, it makes me happy on the way to work. :) :eek:

Altogether now...

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days.
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days.
Saturday, What a day,
Groovin' all week with you.

These days are all,
Happy and Free. (Those Happy Days)
These days are all,
Share them with me. (oh baby)
Goodbye grey sky, hello blue.
There's nothing can hold me when I hold you.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.

These days are all,
Share them with me. (Those Happy Days)
These days are all, Happy and Free.
These Happy Days are your's and mine, Happy Days.

Back
Top Bottom