Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fire In Brixton by Footlocker?

xsunnysuex

Life is a horizontal fall.
Looking from my balcony towards Brixton High St there's loads of smoke showing above the buildings. And buses are on divertion through Loughborough Estate. Any idea what's happening?

Resurfacing the road. I got caught on a bus that wasn't diverted in time earlier. U turn had to be made by a dozen or so buses on brixton road.

yeh.. my road's totally closed in and there's coppers everywhere outside kfc. im locked in again.. yaaaay

its definitely a police operation, nothing to do with road work from here.... plenty more cops now.

Two incidents I think.

Travel news says building fire in Brixton and road works on Brixton road north of Brixton

For info "Buses are diverted northbound toward Kennington from Brixton Road to Kennington Park Road from 2000 to 0600 each weekday night from 2000 Monday 15 until 0600 Friday 26 August and are expected to experience delays due to road resurfacing work on Brixton Road between Stockwell Park Walk and Camberwell New Road."

ETA from BBC london A23 Brixton Road Brixton, both ways at B223 Atlantic Road

A23 London - A23 Brixton Road in Brixton closed in both directions at the B223 Atlantic Road junction, because of a building fire.

Well, so many cops down there i reckon just an isolated incident this time. Pedestrians still being allowed thru anyway....

Sleepytime.

That's what I don't understand. All utilities would have been cut off, it's probably been totally gutted, so what's left. I can only think arson. :hmm:
I don't imagine there's an awful lot left to burn there, or why anyone would bother. Has anyone actually seen Footlocker on fire? I can only see a bit of smoke in the general direction.

I don't imagine there's an awful lot left to burn there, or why anyone would bother. Has anyone actually seen Footlocker on fire? I can only see a bit of smoke in the general direction.

Dunno, gabi can see the lights though :D

Maybe someone set fire to the boards outside? :hmm:

Pic off Twitter

AXAcXWTCAAE8Xzj.jpg

They're giants, encased in the building by the love wall.

I've guessed it's the side of the shop. It's not a shop I've ever gone in or taken notice of the window display, so I just wondered how those dummies had survived when I thought the shop had been gutted :D

Back
Top Bottom