Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup final: CARDIFF CITY vs Portsmouth. May 17th

FA Cup final: CARDIFF CITY vs Portmsouth - your prediction

• Total voters

editor

hiraethified
It still feels might surreal to be typing this - Cardiff are in the FA Cup Final!!! - but let's hear your thoughts on the result.

Are the Premiership big boys going to crush Cardiff or face a tough battle and struggle through? Or will the mighty Cardiff get the form book, put it in a shredder, take out the bits, set fire to them and then throw them out of the window in a Cup Shocka and smash Portsmouth?

Let's hear your thoughts!

*Oh, and if anyone has one or two tickets spare, remember your lovely ol' editor! :)

Cardiff are the Welsh Leeds.

But if Portsmouth win then I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach Harry's twitching face all over my telly.

So it's the usual alternative of russian space equipment failing and plunging to earth in a cataclysmic rain of fire, which destroys the entire ground.

Sorry.

I would like to have said Pompey will win by a mile but after our dire performance on Saturday I've had to say we'll win in a tight game.

Well, I think ole bungpuss deserves an FA Cup for his hard work. But then, Cardiff winning would be cool too.

I think Portsmouth will win, but I don't care who does.

Well, I think ole bungpuss deserves an FA Cup for his hard work. But then, Cardiff winning would be cool too.

I think Portsmouth will win, but I don't care who does.

wow. you're my polar opposite.

it must be really nice in your world. all happy and magnanimous. :(

Obviously i want Cardiff to win but I'm not making any predictions. I didn't for the semis and I'm not going to this time either. Superstitious I iz!

I think that if Pompey get it together they will do it easy.

I hope they do 'cos it will really piss off the scummers! :D

tickertape.jpg

P.F.C to do the business. On Saturday we let WBA do all the tricksy stuff in the midfield and then suffocated them in defence - best strike force in the Championship that.

Old Man River to score, and the Nugget to break his duck :cool:

COME ON POMPEY!

I think Portsmouth's defence will be a bit too good for Cardiff tbh.

One thing is for sure, it'll be better than the last FA cup final.

Oh, and me to get banned if Portsmouth win has gotta be odds on.

I'll be INSUFFERABLE ed.

:D

Cup sponsors E.ON recorded the noise levels of fans from Pompey, West Brom, Cardiff and Barnsley.
And Pompey fans came out on top with an average of 95.6 decibels throughout the game.
The highest noise level recorded was when Kanu scored his goal, as Pompey fans jumped for joy with the decibels reaching 116.5.
Nick Sandham, spokesman for E.ON, said Pompey fans were fantastic throughout the game,
'They got behind the team and celebrated when they scored,' he said.
'It was like a cup final. The sound was fantastic compared to the average football game.
'Pompey fans are the most enthusiastic.'
Liverpool hold the record noise for any sporting event after they reached 130.6 decibels during their Carling Cup final with Chelsea in 2005

I can certainly testify that in block 523, row 33 we all were trying to get the ringing out of our ears after Kanu scored.

Oh, and me to get banned if Portsmouth win has gotta be odds on.

I'll be INSUFFERABLE ed.
*oils ban lever ready on the remote chance that the swaggering, full-of-themselves Premiership big boy$ manage to beat the battling underdog heroes of Cardiff.

Even if we lose, at least we'll know that the most people wanted us to win!

Cup sponsors E.ON recorded the noise levels of fans from Pompey, West Brom, Cardiff and Barnsley.
If the Cardiff fans hadn't been deafened into submission at the end of the game by that fucking awful drumming racket forced on us, maybe we could have got a bigger noise going.

But this decibel stuff is just PR bollocks anyway.

And Pompey fans came out on top with an average of 95.6 decibels throughout the game.
The highest noise level recorded was when Kanu scored his goal, as Pompey fans jumped for joy with the decibels reaching 116.5.
Nick Sandham, spokesman for E.ON, said Pompey fans were fantastic throughout the game,
'They got behind the team and celebrated when they scored,' he said.
'It was like a cup final. The sound was fantastic compared to the average football game.
'Pompey fans are the most enthusiastic.'
Liverpool hold the record noise for any sporting event after they reached 130.6 decibels during their Carling Cup final with Chelsea in 2005

I can certainly testify that in block 523, row 33 we all were trying to get the ringing out of our ears after Kanu scored.

You know what. I wasn't surprised that Cardiff didn't win the battle of the noise.

Too many johnny come latelys and the fact a lot of died hards (myself included) were scare shitless all the way through. Soo much at stake, I've never been so subdued.

Sang my ass off after the match but during the match I was intermittant.

Might have been slightly different if Ledley had scored in front of us and not at the Barnsley end. It took me 5-10 seconds for me to belive we'd scored.

I don't really do predictions, but I will stick my neck out and say it'll be a better game than last year's shite.

You know what. I wasn't surprised that Cardiff didn't win the battle of the noise.

Too many johnny come latelys and the fact a lot of died hards (myself included) were scare shitless all the way through. Soo much at stake, I've never been so subdued.

Sang my ass off after the match but during the match I was intermittant.

Might have been slightly different if Ledley had scored in front of us and not at the Barnsley end. It took me 5-10 seconds for me to belive we'd scored.

This.

*oils ban lever ready on the remote chance that the swaggering, full-of-themselves Premiership big boy$ manage to beat the battling underdog heroes of Cardiff.

Even if we lose, at least we'll know that the most people wanted us to win!

In Scotland and Wales....yes :p

Still feels very weird seeing the words 'FA Cup Final' and 'Cardiff City' being put together!!!

Come on you Blues!

Still feels very weird seeing the words 'FA Cup Final' and 'Cardiff City' being put together!!!

Come on you Blues!

Yes it does !! Which is why [sadly] I have to go with Pompey to win, otherwise we'll never hear the bloody end of it :rolleyes:

We've already taken Pompey's clock, so i feel we could also get the cup from them as well. I was so sure that city would beat Barnsley, if i feel the same about Pompey, then again we will win. I just hope the players feel this way and don't get overawed. I think they'll be ok though.

Come on City!!!

Im one for the moon in a seaweed suitcase im afraid. How the f*** have we got to an FA cup final. It will never sink in. But if it did sink in, it would sink in that Thommo scores the only goal of the game in the 72nd minute.

I'd love to say we can win, and I have earlier up the thread when I was in post-baggie beating ecstasy.

Now, I think it'll be a tight game. Maybe only three or four nil Portsmouth.

:(

Back
Top Bottom