Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Archive chat from 2007: Dulwich Hamlet FC. Anyone fancy going on Saturday ? (Aug 2007)

Apparently hardly any of the Met's players are actually in the Met these days

Good to see the Stones are getting impressive crowds

Let's just have a look at that table :cool:

383sx9C.png

Only losing one home game all season is fantastic. (Which was to Hythe Town, who also beat us at their place.)

Hello, I'm the one with the magic pink & blue "voodoo stick" who designs the posters. Glad you like them. Found this by vanity searching my name so thought I'd sign up. Hello!

Saturday. Well, oh my days. In fact, one of the best days of my life. Certainly the best footballing experience. Already can't wait for the new season. Feels like we've got a really special momentum now, both on the pitch and on the terraces. Love it.

Hello, I'm the one with the magic pink & blue "voodoo stick" who designs the posters. Glad you like them. Found this by vanity searching my name so thought I'd sign up. Hello!

Saturday. Well, oh my days. In fact, one of the best days of my life. Certainly the best footballing experience. Already can't wait for the new season. Feels like we've got a really special momentum now, both on the pitch and on the terraces. Love it.
hats off to you and welcome to the boards. Of course the downside of going up is the difference between top of the infants and bottom of the big school - tougher to get good results. Anyhow, onwards and upwards!

Dont know how long youve been going to watch them, but seems more of a buzz this year than previous years based on my VERY limited experience, wouldnt you say?

Great to have you onboard!

There seems to be a growing amount of Hamlet supporters on these forums so I reckon we may have quite a gang joining you at the games next season. I can't wait for the away games!

hats off to you and welcome to the boards. Of course the downside of going up is the difference between top of the infants and bottom of the big school - tougher to get good results. Anyhow, onwards and upwards!

Dont know how long youve been going to watch them, but seems more of a buzz this year than previous years based on my VERY limited experience, wouldnt you say?

TBF being top of the league will do that. Hopefully some of it will carry over though. I'll certainly be back next season.

I'm actually relatively new, only been going 2¼ years (even though they were my local club in my youth) which coincided with their late push for the play-offs that season. I've been spoiled and/or a good luck charm. In fact, I was a little embarrassed to see myself described earlier in this thread as an "organiser" of The Rabble. Rather, I've been welcomed with open arms by many of the older fans, who encourage my every whim and eccentricity. It's wonderful. This is the best thing about DHFC. New fans are welcomed. Just come up and say "hi". Compare and contrast with Maidstone United, whose hardcore are apparently livid with the new huge crows having moved back to a hometown ground!

But yes, things are on an upward momentum. I think it's a mixture of some vague socio-geographic zeitgeist and, of course, sporting success. But even if we have an indifferent season, turning out and singing, waving scarves, hanging flags etc. is still probably the best fun to be had on a Saturday afternoon in South London.

P.S. Is it one of you lot who did the "DULTRAS" banner? The greatest pun of all time! My heart literally soared when I saw that.

Compare and contrast with Maidstone United, whose hardcore are apparently livid with the new huge crows having moved back to a hometown ground!
standard fan behaviour really. See also music fans who really hate it when their favourite band becomes popular. Utter bullshit behaviour that I used to indulge in and then realised it made me look like a twat

P.S. Is it one of you lot who did the "DULTRAS" banner? The greatest pun of all time! My heart literally soared when I saw that.
It was my mate Gareth, who is another disenfranchised Cardiff City fan.

He has more cunning wheezes up his sleeve for next season too :)

It was my mate Gareth, who is another disenfranchised Cardiff City fan.

You poor sods. I'd be in tears if Hamlet ever changed their colours, I'd end up in court on some sort of mass vandalism charge.

He has more cunning wheezes up his sleeve for next season too :)

Excellent! My mind is already turning to next season: more flags, blue feathers on the voodoo stick and - maybe, just maybe - an inflatable pteranodon.

BTW anyone know where you can get DH replica shirts? The Shed only sells rugby shirts and tees from what I can see.

They tend to have some in stock but may have sold out given the promotion excitement rush. They do occasional orders - I was able to request mine without the estate agent sponsorship logo (no way I'm advertising them!) and with a 76 printed on the back. There might be a new home kit coming out for next season (after three years of the current one).

crowds look really impressive. Is that what the crowds are generally like for that level in english football?

crowds look really impressive. Is that what the crowds are generally like for that level in english football?
No - Dulwich had the second highest in that division (400-ish?). Lowest in the same league was double figures. I occasionally watch Mangotsfield at the equivalent level in the Southern League and the gates are no more than a couple of hundred there

Cheers,

Looked like an amazing day but at the same time makes me cringe further for scottish football.

Does anybody think that the fact that there is a pyramid system in england add to lower league football insofar as it allows for a theoretical roy of the rovers scenario where a team from the bottom can go all the way to the top?

Back
Top Bottom