Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Carshalton Athletic FC fans threatened and banned from own ground

Scutta

Live Fast Die Bizarre
Great Result....well done to everyone who made it down!

Looking forward to Saturday now although harrow got a good win over Carshalton...hopefully our result will put us back on track after a couple of dodgy ones...

I have been chatting to a mate at work who's a Carshalton fan, him and a few others have been banned from home games by the club....for no reason and no evidence..... they are trying to make other fans in league aware about it and got a good reception from the home fans at Kingston where Carshalton were playing at the weekend....

This is the letter he received from the club...

"
Dear Mr -,
The board of directors met yesterday and after due consideration have decided to
impose an immediate permanent ban on your attendance of the club. No other
fans, officials, managers or volunteers were involved in this decision, directly or
indirectly. The ban was not imposed as a result of any statements, comments,
allegations from any other fans, officials, managers or volunteers, directly or
indirectly.
The club will not make any further comment nor will review its decision.
If you, or any of your colleagues harass, publish libellous statements, intimidate
staff, officials, fans or managers at the club, on-line, in person or at away matches
we will inform the police and/or take legal action against you.
By Order of the Board
Paul Dipre, Paul Williams, Clare Dipre, Kelly Anscom "

The information they were giving to Kingstonian and Carlshalton fans at the weekend......

"
Carshalton Athletic RIP?

· Unfounded & totally unproven allegations against 2 long standing fans were made by the board after the Lowestoft game on 12 October.

· 10 weeks on, despite evidence from both Carshalton and Lowestoft fans at the match, the club is not able to complete its internal ‘secret’ enquiry. The ‘Lowestoft 2’ are no longer able to watch home first team matches, and are given no opportunity to defend themselves against these unfounded allegations.

· In early December, 6 first team supporters were advised by the club that they are now banned from the ground for LIFE

o Nothing happened to give rise to this new life ban

o No reasons were given to justify the life ban

o No right of appeal has been given

o Threats of legal action against them if they dare question this ruling

o No response from the club to reasonable enquiries as to why this action has been taken

· This is just the latest episode in the intimidation of first team supporters by the board and the chairman, that has seen attendances reduce dramatically since the current regime took over

· We believe more fans have now been banned in the five years under the current management than in the entire history of Carshalton Athletic

CAISC was formed to bring together supporters, to support the first team, and to try to open discussion with the board, which despite best efforts has not happened to date

Please support CAISC in their efforts to open dialogue with the club to get these unjust life bans overturned,.
Act Now before it’s too late please! "

Does anyone know much about this? Around 6 people I think are banned now.

Apparently this Dipre bloke is a bit of a wannabe playboy.. at one point I was told he sacked the manager and put himself in charge a couple of seasons ago .....:facepalm:

He also didn't want to speak to the fans who were banned so got his wife to do it....and she just told them sod to off......

We are playing them away on 25th Feb.... Thinking some sort of banner is in order???

They were said to have been intimating to the dug out at a Lowestoft game but apparently this wasn't the case and witnesses disagreed ....

and as the letter said ...

"No other fans, officials, managers or volunteers were involved in this decision, directly or
indirectly. The ban was not imposed as a result of any statements, comments,
allegations from any other fans, officials, managers or volunteers, directly or
indirectly"....

basically they know a lot of the old fans are not happy with the way its being run so the board are using any excuse to ban the "Trouble makers".....

Yeah apparently he took down the official forum to stop people questioning his authority.

Some sample quotes from an old board:

"Dipre has managed to put sufficient pressure on the Football Web Pages mods (following years of threats to our own internal board mods) to shut down our forum. He then bullied them into removing a link to our new forum which appeared on the farewell message placed by FWP.
As this is a family board I will desist from telling you what I and the rest of the CAFC fan base think of this creature's latest tactics in his ongoing war with us. But please cascade this message to friends of non league football everywhere in the hope that this latest episode of bullying will come back to haunt him!
FYI the new link (which he will no doubt try to shut down sooner or later too) is carshaltonathleticfans.myfastforum.org/"

"I'm quite happy to say on here in public that I think he's a prize prat, and the sooner that toxic influence gets out of their club, the better for all involved."

"Odious man."

Deffinately need a banner, some Dipre Baiting is needed!

I will speak to my mate to see if there's anything specific we should put on it or anything that really annoys Dipre..

otherwise suggestions welcome.....

Looking forward to the Hamlet game just got to wait to find out how many fans are banned by then..... be interesting to see what the other Carshalton supporters to make of it...

Having spoken to a few of these guys on twitter and read other stuff online I feel like a bit of a scab for even planning to go to the away match. Scribbled wrapping paper banner and chants the least we should do.

Of course .......my mate said he would be well up for us taking a banner down.... as I said he's invited us to have pint with him before the game so I think they appreciate all the support and wants us down there showing a bit of solidarity for the fans against the club...should try to get as big as possible crowd down... as its not that far... even if it is a Tuesday night!

Does anyone know much about this? Around 6 people I think are banned now.

Apparently this Dipre bloke is a bit of a wannabe playboy.. at one point I was told he sacked the manager and put himself in charge a couple of seasons ago .....:facepalm:

He also didn't want to speak to the fans who were banned so got his wife to do it....and she just told them sod to off......

We are playing them away on 25th Feb.... Thinking some sort of banner is in order???
I remember the bannings/kerfuffle happening at the time - back in October or so? If this Dipre guy can't take a bit of criticism, what is he even doing in football, let along running a non-league club? People who part with their hard-earned cash at football deserve to be able to express an opinion, at least.

If you, or any of your colleagues harass, publish libellous statements, intimidate
staff, officials, fans or managers at the club, on-line, in person or at away matches
we will inform the police and/or take legal action against you.
By Order of the Board
Paul Dipre, Paul Williams, Clare Dipre, Kelly Anscom "
They sound like a proper bunch of cnuts. Are they really going to run to mummy call the police every time someone says something they don't like?!

Just for the record, Paul Dipre, if you're reading this, you sound like a proper dickhead.

Of course .......my mate said he would be well up for us taking a banner down.... as I said he's invited us to have pint with him before the game so I think they appreciate all the support and wants us down there showing a bit of solidarity for the fans against the club...should try to get as big as possible crowd down... as its not that far... even if it is a Tuesday night!
Can we sneak him in the away end with us? Use vornsytle's idea and dress him up in drag or something….

So had a chat with my mate……

Re lowestoft bans….. the two they banned were nowhere near the manager when the alleged incident happened….they collected witness statements from Lowestoft and Carshalton fans that confirmed this. The chairman alledgedly would not show any statements from people who apparently saw it and just banned these two and then decided to ban 4 others at the same time. The chairman alledgedly even rang one of the fans work place (a local college) and asked them to sack him because he had been banned from the club (wtf)….. The chairman alledgedly also hasn’t been to a game in fourteen months….

Re the kit and badge he changed it without consulting anyone and apparently it wasn’t to an old badge or colours….

Apparently the fan base has dropped dramatically because of this there is no singing as all the people are banned stopped going or afraid to sing as they may get banned…..sounds like a sorry state of affairs really…..

I think solidarity needs to be shown…thinking of a subtle banner something like “fans against bans….”

He's asked for us to do one "fans against the 6 bans" so im happy to that he says if anyone wants to do anything else feel free :)

Back
Top Bottom