Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

I can't remember the CCFC preseason buildup on these boards *ever* being so quiet as they are now. Even when we were right down in the basement the Bloobirds banter was way, way more lively. Amazing how quiet it is given we/they're in the Prem now.

If ever there was a barometer of the divisiveness of Tan's regime or the alienation of CCFC Urbs, and by definition the wider Bluebird community, this would be a pretty good one.

I can't remember the CCFC preseason buildup on these boards *ever* being so quiet as they are now.
These boards more or less *started* as a Cardiff City forum. And now I can barely be arsed to even start a thread about what should have been our most exciting season for decades.

Fucking Tan. Twat.

Oh, this is nice.
Fellow Welsh side Swansea will be Cardiff City’s role model as the Malaysian-owned side bid to preserve their status in the English Premier League this season.

Simon Lim, Cardiff’s chief executive officer, said yesterday they would try to emulate Swansea’s ability to stay in the top flight since 2009.

“The Swans did not spend big money to get the players in, but they definitely have shown good results. So we will make them as our role model,” added Simon.
Perhaps they'd like to follow the Swans lead and undo the ludicrous rebranding?

Chris Ridgeway (Cakehole Presley) was inspired to write "Bluebirds Are Blue" for his daughter's partner the footballer Joe Ledley after his then team, Cardiff City, lost 3-2 to Blackpool in the play off final at Wembley. Since that time the song has grown and become a song about love, loss and redemption. It has also taken on an added dimension now that Cardiff City has changed it's team colours from blue to red. The single is taken from Chris' debut solo album out in October.

Oh for fuck's sake. Fuck you Tan.
Vincent Tan video: Cardiff City owner sends message to 'disruptive and ungrateful' section of fans
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/.../vincent-tan-sends-message-disruptive-5139052

hammam-tan-3185343.jpg

*shudder

"If too many of them show we are not welcome, maybe you will have a new owner".

Well that'll put them off.

Oh for fuck's sake. Fuck you Tan.

*shudder

fans response

Vincent Tan’s comments completely baffle me. I find them disappointing and quite arrogant.
Bluebirds Unite have never once criticised the club for their victories and success of last season. We thank Vincent Tan for his money and input.

However, to us Cardiff City will only really be recognised for the true identity of the club we grew up with.
We believe that we are at our greatest time in football terms, but any victory will be tainted because it will not be achieved under our own brand.

The final straw.
SAM HAMMAM is on the brink of an astonishing return to Cardiff.

The club’s former owner, who was ousted in a boardroom coup seven years ago, is rumoured to be set for a key role with the Bluebirds.

The Sun understands billionaire owner Vincent Tan has all but resolved the financial differences he inherited when he bought the club.

And when they are settled it is believed he intends to bring Hammam back in from the cold as the club starts life in the Premier League.

Tan wants someone alongside him who knows what is needed to survive in the top flight.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...brink-of-astonishing-Cardiff-City-return.html

and so it is done...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23413195
Mr Tan's investment in Cardiff so far stands at about £120m.

He is studying the possibility of floating part of the club on the Malaysian stock exchange.
Tim Hartley, chairman of the Cardiff City Supporters Trust, said most fans welcomed the deal but not everyone would be happy about Mr Hammam's return to the club as honorary life president.

Mr Hartley told BBC Radio Wales more transparency was needed about the arrangement to explain to fans what exactly has been agreed to show, for example, what portion of debt has been converted to equity.

"What we are moving towards is a debt-free club which will be financially sound which, ultimately, will be attractive to investors," said Mr Hartley.

Embarrassing.

Hammam is the new Cardiff City life president. And in this case, he says, life means life.

“This is my right, not something which has been bestowed on me,” said Hammam. “It is a ceremonial role, but I am a figurehead for the club. Vincent Tan leads the way and I will back him in any way I can.”

Here's how they treat their fans:
Cardiff City have very kindly taken over and closed down the facebook page that I have been running for over 3 years and spent many hours on. Guess they didn't like the competition of over 27k followers
CCFC may have the greater claim over the page, but you think they'd at least write to the guy first.

Back
Top Bottom