Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bye bye Country Show (picnic on July 22nd?)

It won't need policing because it would be an entirely coincidental gathering of like minded people who just happened to be walking up to the park with amusing vegetable animals and cider.

:D

You could make it like one of those flash mob things and get tweeting a few days before and get some lovely Olympic tourists to attend. Make it a real multi-cultural event

I'd heard rumours of this from a few people just after last years show. In fact I thought someone had mentioned it on a thread already. Sad if true.

and what about the arena events?

I can shear a sheep with b/f's beard trimmers if someone could provide a sheep

We can reproduce all of them: Dog races, people with balloon swords jousting, three legged races etc etc.

Add in the urban craft club and we've got a proper alternative country show.

What about the animals? I've got a furry horse. Anyone got any owls? I reckon we could conjure up some pigeons for falconry displays

This is absolutely terrible news. We've just tweeted at Steve Reed so we'll have to see what he says. Seems like a narrow-sighted move - why not just rearrange the dates?

This is absolutely terrible news. We've just tweeted at Steve Reed so we'll have to see what he says. Seems like a narrow-sighted move - why not just rearrange the dates?

Why rearrange the dates? They don't clash with the Olympics, and so what if they did, it's not like half of South London's got tickets to attend the Olympics anyway

In the absence of knights and horses, or any other battle recreations, can we all have a big ruck as well?

Maybe South Londoners vs North Londoners. Weapon of choice - free for all

I think between us all we could put on a pretty good show!

I agree. With all the cycling urbanites as well, we could have them jumping through hoops in place of all those little motorbike display teams. I'd quite like some urbanites to jump through hoops for me.

they've got it the wrong way round, they need to cancel the olympics so they can put on the LCS.
the olympics is gonna be the default excuse for loads of things going tits up this year, and probably for many years to come.
fuck the olympics quite frankly (except the women's beach volleyball, we can keep that).

If we couldn't use the park, then can we use windrush square for animals (Vauxhall City Farm) and plant/cake stalls.
Station road for all the local Lambeth Groups and food stalls.
Dogstar, satay bar and living for crafty stuff
Another pubs for live music, morris dancers and poetry!

Back
Top Bottom