Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brockwell Park Firework Display - Saturday 5th November 2011

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
cake-or-death-cartoon-197-cartoon-guy-fawkes-cuts-november-5-2010.jpg

From last years thread:

Just in case anyone didn't know, the Lambeth fireworks are at Brockwell this year. Next year will be Streatham's turn. They're alternating. I'm happy about that. Would have been pissed off if they gave them to Clapham again
So good to have the fireworks display back at Brockwell Park for 2011 after a year off, and the 5th of November falls on Saturday this year which is a bonus. Personally I am looking forward to this greatly :cool:

How you going to prevent the little one from being kept awake? Take her with?

Yes - we'll take her along, she won't sleep through that outside her bedroom window and I'm hoping it will be a nice family evening out. She might hate it though and get scared - I hope not!

Yes - we'll take her along, she won't sleep through that outside her bedroom window and I'm hoping it will be a nice family evening out. She might hate it though and get scared - I hope not!

Show her some videos of fireworks to get her used to them ;)

I shall get my video player and firework video collection out! :D

I used to video London NYE on BBC1 so I could watch the fireworks when I crawled home in the early hours of the morning. Maybe someone else was as sad as me.

Find some films where they show fireworks

I wonder if the soup entrepreneurs will be there this year. Not sure if anyone else saw them (or are them) but it looked like they had dragged up a large pan/urn of homemade soup and were flogging plastic cups of it on the side of the path. I never had the soup but am sure their paperwork was all on order :)

I wonder if the soup entrepreneurs will be there this year. Not sure if anyone else saw them (or are them) but it looked like they had dragged up a large pan/urn of homemade soup and were flogging plastic cups of it on the side of the path. I never had the soup but am sure their paperwork was all on order :)

According to Lambeth's website, there will be stalls this year

I used to video London NYE on BBC1 so I could watch the fireworks when I crawled home in the early hours of the morning. Maybe someone else was as sad as me.

Find some films where they show fireworks

If it's anything like most previous years (although admittedly there has been some improvement recently) she will be more than acquainted with fireworks by the time the display comes around.

This week :cool:

The event opens 4pm, fireworks at 8pm

Timeout listing below:

Lambeth Council's fireworks take place in Brockwell Park this year and celebrate the bicentenary of Brockwell Hall, now a Grade II listed building. The fireworks will be set to music from the last 200 years and a funfair and stalls, food and mulled wine will be available from 4pm. No sparklers, fireworks for personal use or Chinese lanterns will be allowed into the park.

People ignored the sparkler ban when i was last there two years ago.

Whatever you do, don't drive - signs up already restricting parking.

There's always next year. And if it's any consolation (probably not) I'll probably not be able to get there either.

It won't be there at Brockwell next year. It'll be at Streatham.

I missed it at Clapham last year 'cos there was no way I wanted to go there. That's two years in a row.

Wonder if there's any displays in Peckham? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom