Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Splash - 13th August

Dubversion

Gorn
Enforced Holiday
finally have a flyer in my hand for Brixton Splash, now scheduled for August 13th. Apparently there's been a lot of bullshit and politricks from the council by (perhaps other posters know more?) but nonetheless it looks like being a great day..

Running from midday to 7pm on Coldharbour Lane and Electric Lane, it's the usual mix of stalls and stages and performers and kids stuff. Line-up includes Alabama 3, Top Cat, Daddy Freddy, Asher Senator and lots more.
I'm not around (going to be in Devon throwing rocks at hippies) which is a shame cos there was even talk of some kind of People's Republic Of Disco event in the Albert later on..

Anyway, should be a top day.

Looks good indeed. The flyering crew were in full effect yesterday and, judging by the feedback in the pubs I was in, a lot of people are looking forward to this already.

Excellent - I thought this was a great idea when it was first mooted and was a bit ticked off that it seemed to have died a death in the halls of lambeth power. Hurrah! I'll be there.

*Cue sparrow to let me know we're already doing something...*

gah! i might not be back til late that day. i'll head on down though when i get there if i can.

Dubversion said:
not found a website as yet.

I think I voluntered to do one first time round, but didnt follow it up for the second one. :oops: Maybe a page on Urban would do the trick?

disjunkt should be there, I was supposed to be taking a holiday this weekend but I couldn't really turn down the offer. The one tragedy is that I'll be glued to the rig all day, somebody give me a shout when courtney melody/top cat/daddy freddy/tenor fly comes on. with a bit of last minute luck I should see some of you down there.

ianw said:
so is this more of a music thing now?

The flyers do suggest all sorts of community style stuff too, i was probably a bit partial when i posted it.

Tell you what though - and this no criticism of anyone involved - it could probably have done with even the most rudimentary website. If you google Brixton Splash, the first two links are for Lambeth council bureaucracy, the next is for my bloody blog's mention of the event.

memespring said:
I think I voluntered to do one first time round, but didnt follow it up for the second one. :oops: Maybe a page on Urban would do the trick?

sorry, missed this when i posted the above :D

Dubversion said:
The flyers do suggest all sorts of community style stuff too, i was probably a bit partial when i posted it.

Tell you what though - and this no criticism of anyone involved - it could probably have done with even the most rudimentary website. If you google Brixton Splash, the first two links are for Lambeth council bureaucracy, the next is for my bloody blog's mention of the event.

Does anyone have a digital copy of the flyer?

biotec said:
disjunkt should be there, I was supposed to be taking a holiday this weekend but I couldn't really turn down the offer. The one tragedy is that I'll be glued to the rig all day, somebody give me a shout when courtney melody/top cat/daddy freddy/tenor fly comes on. with a bit of last minute luck I should see some of you down there.

need any filling in DJs, happy to spin whatever suits :cool:

DJWrongspeed said:
need any filling in DJs, happy to spin whatever suits :cool:

absolutely, if we're there then bring some tunes down. Need to keep it on a fairly family friendly tip though. Minimal gabba and hardcore please, just reggae, jungle, d'n'b, hip-hop, funk, etc

I haven't had 100% confirmation yet. Our generator is too loud to be using and so I need confirmation on the power situtation (anyone fancy running a wire out of their window?) and we need some confirmation that they can provide crowd control barriers, etc

zuszsa said:
Which I've just realised is Dubversions blog :oops: :oops:

<Bob resolves never to talk to Dub again on grounds of the threat of being blogged>

I look forward to this - and can confidently say we encouraged a few more people to come along on Sunday this evening.:)

oooh, looking forward to this....yep I remember that RTS in 1998 too, it's fab when that area is all closed off to traffic.

Myo and her friends (incl. moi on bass) are playing at this festie, should be a larf :)

Disjunkt won't be there now sadly - we decided the guy who we chatted too was a loon (he didn't get back to us). Unfortunately he wasn't and was just busy... Still, most of us are off on holiday now and we'll be keeping in touch with this contact so not a disaster, just don't expect disjunkt to be there.

Back
Top Bottom