Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odeon is a very shabby place, but at least we can go 2 for 1 unlike the Ritzy (although I realise they do have their cheap sessions as well)

Peckhamplex used to be my favourite shabby/cheap cinema.

I quite like peckham plex... its cheap and cheerful. Two people can watch a film and have snacks for twenty quid... less on cheap day. It was double that at Streatham and well minging :/

The old nursery school behind the Barrier Block has been squatted for several months now but they're such polite and considerate squatters most residents didn't even know!

I went to visit recently (it's part of the development plan for further early years education provision), they were lovely and accommodating, but had done quite a lot of internal restructuring.

I went to visit recently (it's part of the development plan for further early years education provision), they were lovely and accommodating, but had done quite a lot of internal restructuring.
They've been liaising with the council the whole time and apparently they have a very good relationship. I'd prefer the building to be used than empty, so good luck to them.

William Hill bookies on Coldharbour Lane: a place for men to gather, drink and argue loudly, throughout the day and night.

That site must be worth a fortune. I don't believe the council have any intention of letting it as a nursery school. They want to pretend that there is no demand for education and then sell the site for 'luxury developments'.

William Hill bookies on Coldharbour Lane: a place for men to gather, drink and argue loudly, throughout the day and night.

I was wondering recently why there appears to be so many bookies shops opening up around London then someone told me it's the introduction of high stakes fruit machines, the ones that have caused so many problems in Australia :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom