Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown Fair 2010

Clint Iguana

not an undercover cop
Boomtown is back on 13/14/15 August and THIS YEAR IT DONT CLASH WITH THE ENDORSE IT THING :D

Earlybird tickets is 45 squids (if ya qucik like)

website is a bit chaotic, does not say where it is so presumably is at a secret location somewhere 'near' bristol again (which in the past has meant hay on wye and forest of dean)

Line up so far is....

BackBeat SoundSystem
Bad manners
Bell Hagg Orkestar
Catchit kebabs
Circus of sound
Citizen fish
Cracked actors
Dapper cadavers
Demented are Go
DJ Derick
Don Bradmans
Dub from atlantis band
Dub mafia
Dub pistols
General levy
Gentlemens Dub club
Glitsy bag hags
Graveyard Johnnys
Heatwave Collective
Imperial leisure
Innerterestrials

JB conspiracy
king porter stomp
Laid Blak
Long Tall Texans.
loss Albertos
Mad Professor
Mr Ben
Mungos hi fi feat Warrior queen
Neville staple (the specials)
Pama international
Pronghorn

Ragga twins
Rasta4eyes
Rodigan
Rudy La Crioux and the All Stars.
Sheelanagig
Sicknote
Ska n ska
Slim Slip and the Sliders.
Smoke like a fish
Subhumans
Suicide bid

Surfin turnips
The Caravans
The Communcators
The Corraspondants
The junk
The Rinka Dinks
The wurzels
Tragic Roundabout.
Trojan Sound system
Union avenue
Who's alferd
Zen hussies

sweet, zen hussies and the wurzels are both there. i may consider this again after going in its former guise of recydrate

Been meaning to get to this for years, since before they did an MK Dons on it.

Maybe this is the year. It's going in the diary.

Im really interested in going, im trying to work all the festies this year, but its pretty cheap.....

If i can fit this in aroud my holiday and still definately do shambalalalalala ill be there.

gunna be even more cabaret / circus / general randomness this year ... We are running a comedy leisure centre in the new area 'Downtown'... sooo much fun !!!

Deb told me on the phone earlier that she saw some reference to the location for Boomtown this year being 'somehwere between Reading and Milton Keynes' -- their website doesn't seem to say anything?? and their Myspace refers to this :

Boomtown Myspace said:
"now back for its 3rd year BTF will be held over Friday 13th to Sunday 15th September** [sic] at a new beautiful secret location, in central England .... "

**that's a blatant and obvious mistake -- those dates are correct for August, the real date, but would apply to a Monday to Wednesday in September :rolleyes:

Anyway, anyone got any clues on location? Until recently they were hinting at near Bristol ... :confused:

gunna be even more cabaret / circus / general randomness this year ... We are running a comedy leisure centre in the new area 'Downtown'... sooo much fun !!!

Oh dear. More wackiness. Why do people insist on fiddling with things like this?

Deb told me on the phone earlier that she saw some reference to the location for Boomtown this year being 'somehwere between Reading and Milton Keynes' -- their website doesn't seem to say anything?? and their Myspace refers to this :

**that's a blatant and obvious mistake -- those dates are correct for August, the real date, but would apply to a Monday to Wednesday in September :rolleyes:

Anyway, anyone got any clues on location? Until recently they were hinting at near Bristol ... :confused:

website alwasy says near bristol, year before last that meant hay on wye in wales though. Gonna be well pissed off it is near milton keynes

website alwasy says near bristol, year before last that meant hay on wye in wales though. Gonna be well pissed off it is near milton keynes

:confused: Why would you be pissed off? i wouldn't get pissed off if they annouinced it was in scotland its still the best festival eva, whats an extra hour or so driving when you are going to be there for 3 days,

I know a lot of people that normally travel from Norfolk, Cambridge etc! they don't complain.. Reading / MK is best for everyone IMO :cool:

It was in Wales due to problems in getting a licence in the South west, think all the councils thought I'd be encouraging drunkeness with the name, that's why I think they changed it.

How much are full price tickets? Ive missed the boat on earlybird ones havent i?

I'm putting off buying one, until i can convince a freind too, otherwise ill be going on me lonesome :(

:confused: Why would you be pissed off? i wouldn't get pissed off if they annouinced it was in scotland its still the best festival eva, whats an extra hour or so driving when you are going to be there for 3 days,

I know a lot of people that normally travel from Norfolk, Cambridge etc! they don't complain.. Reading / MK is best for everyone IMO :cool:

I have no problem travelling long distances, so long as i know that in advance. It is the secret thing, if i spend the next few months thinking it will be down the end of the road and then find a few days before hand that i have to travel for five hours to get there i will be well unhappy.

Driving that distance with a caravan is a real pain. :mad:

Reading / Mk is best for people who live in Reading / MK and are used to going to festivals in boring locations. Of course people that way dont complain about travelling west, they get to see beautiful countryside when they get here.... i dont particularly want to see roundabouts and industrial estates. :p

I have no problem travelling long distances, so long as i know that in advance. It is the secret thing, if i spend the next few months thinking it will be down the end of the road and then find a few days before hand that i have to travel for five hours to get there i will be well unhappy.

Driving that distance with a caravan is a real pain. :mad:

We're of exactly the same opinion! :hmm:

The distance between MK and Reading is quite a lot, could be anywhere in that zone .... :confused:

Yeah, I had to cancel shambala last year - just too far away. I was thinking of going to this if it was near bristol but MK is not a doer.

We were wanting to do Boomtown, but it would have to fit in around two other festivals we will be at in Cornwall and Somerset, so it might be a non-starter :(

BTF Info

Greetings Urban Forum!!! I've been asked to come on here by the organisers of Boomtown fair to dish out some relevant info, help answer FAQ and post general updates for the exciting additions a head for Boomtown 2010.

So I guess the main question is, where are we going?:hmm: well here it is!! I can clarify Boomtown 2010 will be held fairly near Milton Keynes, I say fairly but basically that will be the best point to gauge to when working out your journey distances.
The exact address will be sent out via the mailing lists 14 days before the event. A well oiled method simply to discourage every festivals primary problem of fence jumpers and to generally make for an easier safer event.

The event site is simply stunning anyone who attended last year will know how particular the team are with choice of surroundings equally they would know that last year’s site was not really suitable with the car parking. I would also like to add that after 2 weeks rest from BTF 09 the team has been flat out around the country looking for somewhere more suitable that still ticks all boxes... it’s not an easy task so we are very lucky to be holding it here. :D

General info
400 Eager beaver tickets sold out in less than 3 weeks leaving all at Boomtown HQ stunned. Full price tickets at £58 plus BF are on sale however seem to be flying out at an equally rapid speed!

The main stage production team are in final negotiation terms for this year’s VERY special headlining act – we can’t quite believe it ourselves and will be released publicly in mid April.

Boomtown fair is changing massively!!! This message has been in rotation throughout all the forums, mailing lists etc for the past few months. It is essential that everyone who is thinking of buying a ticket knows that Boomtown fair is not what it used to be, even since last year. The organisers are concentrating much more on areas such as kids, family camping, circus performance and general site art and now with a massive emphasis on eco-friendly initiatives we are all aiming for an even more relaxed and enjoyable event. :cool:

More info on this aspect is available from our website www.boomtownfair.co.uk

That’s it for now if you do have any questions you may get a more rapid updated response by emailing Info@boomtownfair.co.uk

Big love xxx

Sounds like you're watering it down. Not really a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom