Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2016

Mation

real life adventure worth more than pieces of gold
I'm not sure about going next year and certainly can't afford it at the moment, but if you are and can, then tickets go on sale tonight at 7pm :)

Tickets

There's a crew of us going next year. Hoping there's still tickets around January time, as that's when I can afford it.

Was anyone else at the Winter Gathering on Saturday? That was an awesome night, I've not been to the festival but I'm pretty tempted to after that. Still recovering though :oops:

Here's the line up so far. I can't wait!
Town Centre

Asian Dub Foundation, Babylon Circus, Bad Manners, Beardyman, Fun Lovin’ Criminals, Leftfield, Levellers, Mad Caddies, Madness, Melbourne Ska Orchestra, Molotov Jukebox, Parov Stelar, The Correspondents (Live Band), The Selecter, The Slackers

Lion’s Den

Benny Page vs Ed Solo feat. Darrison, Channel One meets Mad Professor, Congo Natty feat. Congo Dubz, Tenor Fly and Iron Dread, Damian ‘Jr Gong’ Marley, Fat Freddy’s Drop, The Heatwave presents Showtime, Inner Circle, Junior Kelly, Kabaka Pyramid & The Bebble Rockers, Little Roy, Morgan Heritage, Mungo’s Hi-Fi (Live), Solo Banton, Soom T, Tanya Stephens, Tarrus Riley, The Skints, Zion Train

Old Mines

Beans On Toast, Dhol Foundation, Imelda May, Joe Driscoll & Sekou Kouyate, Lau, Los De Abajo, Mokoomba, Nahko & Medicine For The People, Ojos De Brujo, Seth Lakeman, Shooglenifty, Skinny Lister, Steve ‘N’ Seagulls

The Windmill

Craig Charles, Prince Fatty feat. Horseman

Psychedelic Forest

Gaudi, GMS, Hallucinogen, Highlight Tribe, Neelix, Ozric Tentacles, Shpongle, Skazi

Hidden Woods

Manudigital

Devil Kicks Dancehall

Big D & The Kids Table, Leftover Crack, Sonic Boom 6, Talco, The Dickies

Poco Loco

Foreign Beggars, Pharaoh Monche, Submotion Orchestra, Swindle Live

Mi Casa

B Traits, Derrick May, Friend Within, Jackmaster, Octave One (Live), Shadow Child, Skream

DSTRKT 5:

Bang Hai Palace

Audio, Calibre, Calyx & Teebee, Dub Phizix & Strategy, Dynamite MC, Hype b2b Hazard, Krust, Mefjus b2b Emperor, My Nu Leng & Dread MC, Roni Size, Teddy Killaz, TQD (Royal T, DJ Q, Flava D)

Sector 6

DJ Craze, Deep Medi Takeover, Derrick Carter, Diemantle, DJ Zinc, Melé, MJ Cole, So Solid Crew, Zed Bias Soundsystem and MC Trigga, Om Unit

Robotica

Koan Sound, Nightmares On Wax

Muuti’s Scrapyard

Angerfist, Cause4Concern, Chris Liberator b2b D.A.V.E The Drummer, Dr. Peacock, Guigoo, The Outside Agency, Radium, The Speed freak

Jungle Syndicate

Bong-Ra, IGORRR

Thing is, I never go for the bands as they're very much secondary to the overall experience. I like the small bars, crazy happenings and weird themed clubs the best.

I with you on that, but I do like some good acts, that you simply don't get at other festivals..... The reggae line up for example..... and the dance acts that I'd only get to see if I went to festivals with the yoot dem, which aint happening.

If you are going in a campervan the GET THE TAXI PASS, that's all I'm saying..... my legs still hurt now from last year.

If you are going in a campervan the GET THE TAXI PASS, that's all I'm saying..... my legs still hurt now from last year.

I got one, and didn't even manage to get hold of my wristband for it until sunday morning.

I don't think I want to go this year.

I keep thinking about it and keep coming back to the same conclusion.

I don't want to work and I don't think there's enough without a facefull of drugs to keep me occupied as a punter.

I'm not going,

A - Getting in with stuff was a fucking nightmare, I hate dogs!
B - The walking and hills.
C - We blew a large amount of money on gear enough for a holiday for two in another country where it's warm and you go by plane.

That being said, if I was to go again, would buy a ticket a week before, last year people where selling them for as low as £50 due to the weather :D

ahhhh the weather, I just remembered this country is shit, I'm gonna go abroad, fuck spending money here.

I'm gonna go to monaco.

I'm in two minds. It was so good last year I'm wary of it not being so good next time around. It was really good to go somewhere I've not been before, and I've a hankering to do that again this year. And whether to work or not... undecided.

(I liked the hills and the walking, prefer it to a flat site,and yes I was camped up the top, came back wishing I could keep up that level of exercise).

I don't mind the hill except for the 'fuck I've left X at the top and I've just got the bottom' experience which happens a lot!

Hard to get what in exactly? I've never had issues getting anything in anywhere else, but I'll only be taking in pills or MDMA, they'll be okay you reckon? I want to sneak in booze as well, is this realistically going to happen?
At global gathering and cream in the past we just filled a 2 litre plastic bottle with vodka and put it in with the tent n that.

Back
Top Bottom