Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2013 8th-11th August

Im in, I've got a tier 3...... but im doing a venue application to run a small area (just putting it together now) and if it gets poo pooed I might well apply for site crew, so could be selling my ticket if all works out...... I just wanted to make sure I definately had a camper pass.

This application is doing my noodle a bit though, as im trying to cost it all up, and I aint that brill with numbers........ :/

be careful sim - i reckon you could lose out big time financially doing the neighborhood thing assuming thats what you mean?! what are you planning to do? some kind of shady haven or swimming pool (! errr water?!) would be cool i reckon but that makes quite a big assumption about the weather :D the weather was ace last year :cool:

since the really cheap tickets have sold out I'm gonna leave getting one til after Xmas, won't be 100% sure if I'll be able to go- I'll have a thesis to submit 6 weeks after! Hopefully I get it finished in time and even the draft submitted then I can justify a 'break'. And fingers crossed none of my crowd get arrested within 3 hours of arriving this time :facepalm:

be careful sim - i reckon you could lose out big time financially doing the neighborhood thing assuming thats what you mean?! what are you planning to do? some kind of shady haven or swimming pool (! errr water?!) would be cool i reckon but that makes quite a big assumption about the weather :D the weather was ace last year :cool:

No a venue application, to run one of them little venues downtown. Got access to a rig, and I know people who have worked decor a few times now, and im a pretty good organiser and got ideas etc....

ok note to venue application team!! when an app comes in, titled Simms nutty breakcore shack / or something similar.... ignore it !!! ;-)
Just joking, we are looking forward to it bro :)

Ooh Mr mayor! Any exciting tid bits you have to tell us about next years Boomtown or is it all a bit early?

There are absolutely loads of new plans coming together already - some realistic and some.. well.. completely un-realistic haha ... china town is being built in the warehouse in Bristol which is pretty cool and its looking like we might be using a new hidden valley in 2013.... but that is all I am aloud to say at the moment, more coming soon xxx

did I hear a terrible rumour there's gonna be psy-trance..? :oops:

I'm not going unless I can get in free. I know this will make me unhappy if I don't go but my bank won't give me an overdraft so it's not happening.

you could save like a 5r a week and that would cover your ticket

you could save like a 5r a week and that would cover your ticket
Out of my fuck all? Really?

If I'm meant to go I'll be able to afford it, just like last year when I suddenly got a bit of work and could pay. Either that or I'll get work somehow. It will just happen I guess.

I may try and be on it and work the festies properly this year. Dunno.

im trying to get me a crew ticket this year, i should have got one last year but it was so last minute.

If it comes to it im gonna get a proper ticket in case then sell it if i get a crew pass later on,

Last this years was the best weekend ive had in years :D

im trying to get me a crew ticket this year, i should have got one last year but it was so last minute.

If it comes to it im gonna get a proper ticket in case then sell it if i get a crew pass later on,

Last years was the best weekend ive had in years :D
I'm having to do it the other way round, try and get in on a crew ticket but if I don't start plotting my way in. Trouble is I want the truck there but unless I can get us both a crew pass he's not about to pay after the year before last.

if you know anyone with Bassline Circus, they tend to have loads of crew stuff going on...
I really do know all that lot quite well. I'm from Nottingham innit. ;)

I just never got round to chasing it up last year as my mum was so ill.

My mate's just moved down to Bristol anyway and I'm going to go down and visit sooner or later so I may as well wait ask people in person.

did I hear a terrible rumour there's gonna be psy-trance..? :oops:

They were asking on the forums. Go on the forums and add your comment. There was some played this year I'm told, though out of my earshot.

They were asking on the forums. Go on the forums and add your comment. There was some played this year I'm told, though out of my earshot.
There was even a drumming circle despite the 'no drums' sign at the gate, but it was hidden in a marquee down the side bit towards the crew area. Pretty sure they played some Psy as well. It wasn't in any of the official bits though I would be very surprised if the Flying Lotus up by the pedestrian gate didn't play some (judging from the look of them).

Back
Top Bottom