Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best festival trolley?

ringo

Macaroni cheese controller
I need a new trolley, what's best?

My last one was never the same after that stupidly wet Bestival 3 years ago. Replaced just about everything since that, it destroyed all it touched.

I've had small foldable trolleys before, very good for packing flat and not taking up much room, but then they're not really big or strong enough. I'd love a proper cart but they're a bit bulky to get there with a car full of family/camping gear/munters.

Must be something in the middle which works best. What you got?

thumbnail.jpg

I use my dads one of these (not exactly the same). Sorry its a crap pic.
You can use it as a stand up to push along (as in pic) or lay it down as a flat base and pull it along for heavier stuff.
Good chunky wheels.
In the boot of the car it tucks well down and you can slot stuff in, on and around it well.
His was B&Q I think.

Is that a metal sack trolley Kitty? Definitely robust enough, but I'd worry about the size and weight. I was thinking about a plastic version, but don't know if it'll be tough enough.

GetImage.aspx

Is that a metal sack trolley Kitty? Definitely robust enough, but I'd worry about the size and weight. I was thinking about a plastic version, but don't know if it'll be tough enough.

GetImage.aspx

It is an it's not that big or heavy really. I have managed it OK and I am pathetic :D
I think the plastic ones are much more likely to tip and drop all you carefully arranged stuff in to the mud :(

When you have a bad back and/or a family it's good to have other options that just carrying stuff.

Do you have one pie? Does the handle extend so you can stand up and pull it?

I like the steel construction, flat packing and large pneumatic tyres. Not sure about the 50KG weight limit though.

Kitty, I can't see a 4 wheel sack trolley online for less than £100.

I have no idea how much they cost as I have only ever borrowed my dads :oops:

You need something with large wheels to get over the bumps in the ground. If you can find a strong granny shopper trolley with decdent sized wheels you might be ahead of the game.

Get a fishing trolley. It folds flat for storage and has big wheels for bumpy terrain.

Something like this:

9267.060.jpg

£34.99 btw

Found one here, bottom of the page, £72 though! They have a good range of those green trolleys too.

trolleys.html

The good thing with those green trolleys and to a certain extent with the sack ones too, is if your porch area in your tent is not so good a keeping rain out (as in it running under the fly) as the sealed bit of the tent, you can pile stuff in/on to the trolley to keep it dry while you out or asleep.
And hang your wet clothing over them over night.

Wheelbarrows are far too unstable. Good for maneuvering around cramped building sites. not good for long journeys on uneven ground.

Hmmm, tent is new and good, and trolley won't fold and fit in VW Polo, so I think that's out.

Found a heavy duty cheap 100KG foldable sack trolley and a 4 wheel job, both for about £30 with delivery.

I guess it comes down to the size of the small wheel on the trolley, not sure how suitable to rough ground they'll be. Have you had problems with that?

This
Untitled-1Y72-1.jpg

or this:

imageview.php

I remember it. I think he had one of those big red 4 wheel trolleys like what I can't fit in the car. Unless I leave one of the kids behind......

Back
Top Bottom