Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beanery - new cafe under Loughborough Junction station

itsbruce

There's a new cafe/coffee shop under Loughborough Junction, "Beanery". Looks much more ambitious than anything else that's ever been tried in that space, under what's probably London's least loved station. Anybody know anything about them? I live near the station but cycle to work, so didn't spot when they opened.

Havent seen it but there's been a cafe/coffee shop in that space before. Which I think closed down last year. Looks like they're trying to make a proper go of it.

As I said on another thread, give it 15 years and we'll all be rah-ing it up with our cappuccinos all over LJ.... Loughborough Junction's in motion baby!

Heh. Well, I've been in the Loughborough Junction area for over a decade and seen a lot of things come and go, particularly around and in that station. Bit of a shock to see an upmarket barista-style place there. Seems almost as unlikely for that area as the gay dance pub that somebody tried to open on the site of The Warrior.

I am already addicted to their cappuccino, it's Monmouth coffee, the same they sell at Borough Market, HEAVEN! No need to cycle to Brixton Market to get proper coffee anymore...

And sandwiches on proper brown bread with salad and dressing and all, all done with love!

I think this is here to stay! :)

i am glad that everybody who's been to our beanery liked it. coffee, sandwiches and pizza all found to be good. thanks so much. we really welcome feedback, so please let us know if you think something needs to be improved. we also very much would like the cafe to become some kind of community space, where the loughborough junctionians meet, discuss, read, play music, listen, talk, and of course eat and drink :) Please come and talk to us (especially myself - Sabina) if you always wanted that bookclub, knitting group, wine and cheese tasting, kids story reading group, drumming session, acapella singing etc near your home in Loughborough Junction. looking forward to seeing you soon x

Open on Sundays? I'd like to check this place out.

Edit - Just seen the review, looks like it is open on Sundays

I popped in here yesterday mid-morning and found it to be a very pleasant spot. I'm sure it'll do well from the train station crowd. Nice little patio outside too, will visit again and try the pizza!

I've just posted up a piece here: http://www.urban75.org/blog/beanery-cafe-loughborough-junction-brixton-review/

I like the place and hope it does well because Loughborough Junction really needs some life being put back into it.

beanery-cafe-loughborough-junction-06.jpg

I'll have to come down for one of their live music nights. They must be... intimate!

I passed quite late a couple of thursday nights ago and there were a few people sat outside and it looked quite lively.

I've not popped in yet, will have to give them some custom and maybe a couple of CDs.

Does anyone know what time it's open until in the week? Their Facebook page appears to have disappeared.

Does anyone know what time it's open until in the week? Their Facebook page appears to have disappeared.
I was there the other week and IIRC it closed at 7pm. Might have been half six, I wasn't paying too much attention. It's a nice cafe :)

I'm mulling over getting a snack there en route to the T**ting scum game at Hamlet, so I'm hoping the place will stay open till 7pm.

Back
Top Bottom