* All entries must be in by August 31th 2011, by the stroke of midnight
* Only use pictures you photographed yourself
* If you edit the picture then it'd be nice if you tell us what you did
* Please don’t change pictures once you have entered them

Voting:

* Starts on September 1st 2011 and closes at the end of September 3rd 2011
* Anyone can vote. You don't have to have entered
* Vote for your 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourites
* 1st choice is worth 3 points, 2nd choice is worth 2 points and 3rd choice is worth 1 point
* The entry with the most points wins, and chooses the next theme.

Thumbnails: If you're posting / hosting on Flickr, please tag your photos: u75PhotoCompAugust2011. Any tagged flickr photos be available here: August2011 Photo Competition 2011
Apols to anyone not hosting on flickr... :​

Now that we are with the 'super soaraway' Xenforo can we publish our entry images directly to this thread? Mods/Editor please advise.

Sorry for lack of thumbnails. Are people happy to just tag and use Flickr? I don't really have time to do thumbnail pages at the moment.

Now that we are with the 'super soaraway' Xenforo can we publish our entry images directly to this thread? Mods/Editor please advise.

Don't see any reason not to, personally.

At the risk of creating an echo effect, is there any reason why we could not publish our images directly to this thread? (Come in Mods.) This idea had been flagged up as one of the advantages of Xenforo. I am not happy to use flickr. I am accessing the boards this month on smartphone in an area of weak 3G and Flickr is almost inaccessible. I have a token Flickr account under another name but I loathe Flickr.

My first entry:- 'Ears'
137277040.jpg

Oh dear, my first attempt to upload a picture directly, filled the whole editing space leaving no room for a caption. I would have called it 'Ears'.

type the caption, then include the picture. Perhaps they should be included as thumbs. If you include 3 thumbs in one post it pops up a neat gallery widget when you click one :cool:

Thanks fractionMan. I will have to come back to sort that I uploaded it in a cybercafe. I am now on my phone on a very jerky bus with the sun in my eyes.

Ah yes it let me insert the caption at the front.

I have a couple of photos I might enter but I don't use flicker .. I want to embed them in the thread.

Hmm, when I entered my "Ears" picture I used a window that had the Image symbol as an option and used that. When I came to enter my "Mondy' photograph, that window was not available and I had to type in image tags by hand. What is going on?

Hmm, when I entered my "Ears" picture I used a window that had the Image symbol as an option and used that. When I came to enter my "Mondy' photograph, that window was not available and I had to type in image tags by hand. What is going on?

I have now found out what is going on. I am in an internet cafe and I see that the reply box at the bottom of the thread contains menu at the top with various symbols including the one for making an image link. This is not the case on my smartphone, where the reply box is just blank. Problem solved, I can just use the html code as I did last time. Interestingly if you just put the image tag at the beginning of the link xf automatically inserts the end tag. I like xenforo more all the time.

Weltweit, you have been hiding your light (and dark) under a bushel. Please keep posting your stuff; it doesn't have to be in the competition, if it spoils enjoyment or restricts you.

RoyReed also, 'get in", as the kids say. You can just post pictures of anything, any time. I just like looking at pics especially black and white.

Back
Top Bottom