Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Atlas Shrugged: The Movie

Jeff Robinson

Marxist-Lentilist: Jackboots and Jackfruit
So pin up girl for the socially inept Ayn Rand is having her magnum shiteus made into a movie. Not just a movie - a series of movies. Well I guess it will take at least two films to get through Gant's fucking speech at the end:

Without all the politics and creepy speeches, AS is just a badly written love story. Surely they can't keep all that crap in though?

So pin up girl for the socially inept Ayn Rand is having her magnum shiteus made into a movie. Not just a movie - a series of movies. Well I guess it will take at least two films to get through Gant's fucking speech at the end:

A movie about railroads and steel refineries. Sound pretty au courant.

Check out the comments on the official site - these people are MENTAL...

I, too intend to take Social Security since I want my money back. I am an eye doctor and I take Medicare. Boy do I ever. I take it with every legal slimy trick in the book. There are "legal" ways to work Medicare for more money than you can imagine. All "legal" and legit, but it is revolting for those of us who know right from wrong.

I am TOTALLY against Medicare but I will suck it dry and take every paper dollar I can get. WHY? To get MY INCOME TAX MONEY BACK. Looking back, I have received more in Medicare than I have ever paid in SS taxes and Income Tax. Can you say that? I believe one MUST fight evil with evil and violence with violence. "Turning the other ass cheek" is for losers and dead saviours.

If they got rid of Medicare tomorrow I would be the first to rejoice, but until they do, I will take and take and take and take and use the money to buy gold coins for my kids.

http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/atlas-shrugged-movie-trailer

they all seem to be massively paranoid, convinced that the evil government is desperately trying to stop them from achieving their true potential as kings of the world.

Anyone seen the film version of We The Living? (It says 1986 but it's actually 1942/1986 - there's two versions, one produced as a piece of out and out Italian fascist propaganda and the later Ayn Rand approved version. Unsurprisingly, there appears to be a fair amount of crossover)

Holy shit! This is one film that I won' be seeing.

Photo taken outside the world premier screening @ the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood last night:

3406994114_c3335b7f0d.jpg

That looks shockingly bad, which is no surprise given the source material, but at least that was bizarrely shite with some entertainment value.

thats the only book a ever burned with malice.
did'nt even finsh it dire dire shit and and I fucking read the survivalist series and some of heinlein's weirder shit so I have a high tolerance for rightwing crap.

I like the way the guy on the right is holding his little Hayek totem, 'look at me, I can read'.

Ayn Rand was a nutcase, Atlas Shrugged will be rubbish, but The Fountainhead with Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal is a very entertaining film:

I know copliker, I was the first person to post that image, but I couldnt embed it, so you got all the credit. :mad:

I know copliker, I was the first person to post that image, but I couldnt embed it, so you got all the credit. :mad:
Ah, ok I remember now. I also remember bluestreak or someone saying the hairy one (Felix!) looks like a compulsive masturbator.

Back
Top Bottom