Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are there really no cafes in Peckham?

RubyToogood

RubyTwobikes
A couple of times lately I've been in central Peckham and been completely unable to find anywhere to have a cup of tea/sandwich/breakfast whatever. No greasy spoons, no poncey tea shops, nothing. It seems like there's MacDonalds, KFC etc, and that's it. Can this be true?

A couple of times lately I've been in central Peckham and been completely unable to find anywhere to have a cup of tea/sandwich/breakfast whatever. No greasy spoons, no poncey tea shops, nothing. It seems like there's MacDonalds, KFC etc, and that's it. Can this be true?

You're mental.

The Criterion Cafe opposite the bus station is top notch, used to go there often.
21215573.jpg

http://www.londononline.co.uk/profiles/42106/

There's also another a bit further up there towards The Greyhound.

There's also one in that little arcade just outside Rye Station.

Off the top of my head, like.

There used to be a place opposite the library on the corner. I once ordered some 'home made soup' from there only for the guy to stir some powder into a cup of hot water. :mad:

top notch might be stretching it a tad ;)

Nope. It's genuinely a great caff. Great breakfasts, sound staff and (mostly) normal customers- no wankers, anyway. Me & the missus used to love going there. Martin who works there had a little girl at the same time our daughter was born.

theres a caff on that parade iirc? further up...andys? place called jamrock too!

I only really went up that way to take my daughter to that playground at the end of the road, never stopped off in Jamrock or the other place (which I think is one of those clubs only for Turkish men, who knows what goes on in there!).

There's Ozzy's further south on Rye Lane.

Bellenden Road has both more poncey places, and a couple of normal cafés.

Ozzys is a good shout.

There's also a double fronted caff a couple doors down Peckham Rye, past the White Horse, round the corner from there.

Back
Top Bottom