Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Costa coffee opening at the old Homelook 460 Brixton Road, SW9

Lots of different style and colour chairs. All looks a bit mish-mashy to me

It's de-rigeur for 'casual environments' these days. Born out of the early days of venues being kitted out by young start ups, using a rag tag of second hand furniture. The look was, originally, the polar opposite of corporate. Of course, like all these kind of things, it's been coopted by corporates wanting to be cool.

It's de-rigeur for 'casual environments' these days. Born out of the early days of venues being kitted out by young start ups, using a rag tag of second hand furniture. The look was, originally, the polar opposite of corporate. Of course, like all these kind of things, it's been coopted by corporates wanting to be cool.

I see.

Still don't like it

I had a flat white there yesterday. It was OK, just. I like the brickwork and the comfy chairs, but I felt very cut off from Brixton. I suppose that could be just what you need if you want some peace and quiet.

I've just read the words on the hoarding for the first time:
"Saving the world from mediocre coffee" Really :rolleyes:.

One of my pet hates about Costa coffee - there's no end of vacuous marketing lines on everything. In the windows, on the shelves, seems like it's everywhere.

One I remember: "Real Coffee. Real Food. Real People."

Real People :confused: wtf does that mean?

One of my pet hates about Costa coffee - there's no end of vacuous marketing lines on everything. In the windows, on the shelves, seems like it's everywhere.

What's real food then? Muffins, flapjacks and a few rolls :hmm:

I meant to add, "massive and a bit soul destroying." The lack of windows, curious two tier arrangement and regimented rows of chairs and tables gives it all the ambience of an airport waiting lounge.

There's more:
"Making a cup of coffee is an art"
"Some things are worth waiting for"

There's more:
"Making a cup of coffee is an art"
"Some things are worth waiting for"

They are not worth waiting for.:mad:

I'd rather have an instant coffee when I'm in a rush than wait impatiently while they do all their faffing about

It is a Guinness one, isn't it? Or have they nicked it?

My sister in law works at Costa and you will be unsurprised to learn that they are not the best employers out there. Maybe that's just her particular shop/branch/whatever it is.

Back
Top Bottom